How Depressed Are They? Assessment of Depression and Suicidal Ideation Conference for Healthcare Professionals (6.5 CME Credits)
This advanced program is being presented through a partnership between the Medical College of Wisconsin and North Central Health Care, highlighting the latest information in the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders and the newest research areas in clinical psychiatry.
Who Should Attend?
This conference is for psychiatrists, psychologies, residents, nurses, medical students, social workers, and other mental health professionals
Participants will learn how to:
- Utilize a systematic approach to suicide assessment
- Discuss the roadblocks to uncovering a client’s true suicidal intent and his or her method of choice for suicide
- Describe and utilize seven validity techniques for uncovering both suicidal ideation and the types of sensitive and taboo topics that trigger such ideation
- Flexibly and sensitively utilize those validity techniques for eliciting suicidal ideation using the CASE approach, with an emphasis on spotting clients with immediate and imminent risk of suicide.
The Delicate Art of Uncovering Suicidal Ideation and Intent: The Chronological Assessment of Suicide Events (CASE Approach)
Featuring Dr. Shawn Shea, Author of The Practical Art of Suicide Assessment
Shawn Shea, M.D. is an internationally acclaimed innovator in the fields of suicide prevention, building resiliency, clinical interviewing, and improving medication adherence. He is the creator of the highly acclaimed interviewing strategy for uncovering suicidal ideation and intent – the Chronological Assessment of Suicide Events (the CASE Approach).
Six Speakers Cover the Following Topics:
- Zero Suicide Initiative at North Central Health Care
- Interpersonal Approach to Causality of Suicide
- EMDR Approach to Depression and Suicidal Ideation
- Coping with Suicide: How a System of Practice Could Help
- More Than Just Moody? Addressing Depression and Suicidality in Youth
- Secondary Mood Disorders
Fee waived for MCW & Aspirus Medical Students/Residents Includes continental breakfast, lunch, snacks and 6.5 CME Credits
Sorry, we are unable to offer Vegan/Kosher/Gluten Free Options
Registration Deadline: March 27
Friday, April 5, 2019
8:15 am – 4:30 pm
7:30 am – check-in & continental breakfast
North Central Health Care
Wausau Campus Theater
1100 Lake View Drive
Wausau, WI 54403
Questions? Contact Linda at 715.870.0906
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education to physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity a maximum of 6.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 6.5 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Psychology CE Credit Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists.
The Medical College of Wisconsin maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.
In accordance with the ACCME policy on relevant financial disclosure, all planners were asked to reveal any relevant financial relationships. Drs. Chan, Cipriano, Krall, and Pat LuCore, RN, have nothing to disclose.
This activity contains content or processes that may be potentially stressful