If you are in need of immediate assistance, please contact your local hospital or law enforcement or call 911. We are not trained in crisis intervention. You can also contact North Central Health Care’s Hotline:
The Center for Suicide Awareness not only has resources available by phone,1-800-273-TALK (8255); help can also be reached via their SMS Emotional Support Line. Text “HOPELINE” to 741741. The Center for Suicide Awareness
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA)
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIH)
- The North American Society for the Study of Personality Disorders (NASSPD)
- Schizophrenia International Research Society (SIRS)
- Schizophrenia and Related Disorders Alliance of America (SARDAA)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMSA)
- US Department of Veterans Affairs – Mental Health
- American Mental Wellness Association
- How Mental Health Difficulties Affect Children
- ADHD and Addiction – What is the Risk?
To find counselors in Marathon County:
The following guide contains information about Marathon County counseling agencies and individual counselors, and what types of payment options they have. There is also some general information about how counselors can help. You can also download the guide to print off if you would like – http://www.unitedwaymc.org/get-help/211-publications/
Please contact United Way’s 2-1-1 with any questions or for more information regarding services that counselors can provide. Thank you!